BladeFLASK Scalpel Blade Remover
Remove, contain, and dispose of scalpel blades in one click with the Qlicksmart BladeFLASK. The world’s pioneering single-handed scalpel blade remover enables healthcare professionals to quickly and safely remove up to 100 scalpel blades. Embrace safety with the standard in scalpel blade removals. Hear the QLICK™ sound and be safe.
- OSHA compliant with single-handed activation when used with the reusable Mounting Bracket (Sold Separately)
- Audible “QLICK™” sound signifies safe scalpel blade removal and containment
- Built-in counter with automatic shutoff when maximum capacity is reached
- Mount on a wall, bench, or trolley with the Qlicksmart universal Mounting Bracket (product code QBRGEN)
- Puncture-proof sharps container which meets Australian Standard 4031:1992
- Compliant with Australian Standard AS 3825:2020 and sharps safety practices
- Compliant to International Standards and Regulations
- Comes under Engineering Controls as a passive-safety engineered device to prevent occupational injury and infection
- Compatible with most brands of general surgery blades and flat BP handles
The Qlicksmart Mounting Bracket is needed to affix this to a flat surface.
SAVE 50% off the Qlicksmart Mounting Bracket when purchased with the Qlicksmart BladeFLASK! Click HERE to buy the BladeFLASK + Mounting Bracket Bundle.
Note: The colour of the product is dependent on your country’s sharps container regulations.
- RED – USA, Central, and South America markets only
- YELLOW – Oceania, Asia, Europe, Africa, and Canada markets only
- Orange Label – UK and Ireland markets only
Please note that website orders for this item is only available to Australia. For orders in other locations, please contact us to find the distributor in your area.
Great service and affordable. Very simple and easy to use. Provides an extra level of safety that is really important
Introduced this product in an industrial manufacturing environment over 8 years ago. About 48 operators doing fine assembly work. The occurrence of nuisance cuts went down by over 50% and, interestingly, certain types of assembly defects were reduced as people changed blades more often and didn't persist with blunt blades. Yes, it is safe and it does work.
Easy and simple to use. No hands have to be near the scalpel blade.
• Blade capacity: Approximately 100 blades
• Compatible scalpel blades: #10, 10a, 11, 12, 13, etc. up to and including #25a, 27 and 36 *
• Compatible scalpel handles: #3, 3L, 4, 4L, 7, 9, Lawton long handle *
• Incompatible scalpel handles: Baron handle, Beaver handle, disposable handles
*some brands may not work with Qlicksmart BladeFLASK
When should I replace my BladeFLASK?
The BladeFLASK shut-off automatically after approximately 100 blades are removed, and then must be disposed and replaced. Please check the count-down indicator which counts down from 100 to 0, then ‘FULL’ to see when you will need to replace the BladeFLASK.
How do I dispose of the BladeFLASK?
Once the BladeFLASK has shut-off, it must be disposed of as medical waste. The BladeFLASK is a puncture-proof sharps container, so you do not need to put it into another sharps container. Please follow your organisation’s standard procedures for disposal of medical waste.
Please follow your organisation’s infection control guidelines on the disposal time-frame for used BladeFLASK, regardless of whether the unit has shut off. The BladeFLASK securely contains blades within the unit regardless of whether the unit has shut off, and has been tested in accordance with the provisions of the United Nations Transport of Dangerous Goods, Chapter 6.
Why do I need a Mounting Bracket?
The Mounting Bracket helps to position the BladeFLASK so that it can remove blades single-handedly. The Mounting Bracket also allows the BladeFLASK to be mounted on a vertical or horizontal surface (eg on a wall or bench), so that blades can be removed at point of use.
How do I install the Mounting Bracket?
You can affix the Mounting Bracket via the industrial-strength double-sided tape, or by screws and lugs which are included in the packaging. A fitting template has been included in the Mounting Bracket packaging to indicate the clearance required for easy installation.
When should I install a new Mounting Bracket?
You can re-use the Mounting Bracket until the current bracket starts to become loose or it no longer holds the BladeFLASK firmly.
Why are there two different colours of the Qlicksmart BladeFLASK?
The Qlicksmart BladeFLASK has been designed to comply with the international standard colours for medical sharps waste. The red unit complies with US, Central America, and South America standards, and the yellow unit complies with most other countries’ standards. Please consult your organization to determine which unit complies with local standard colours for medical sharps waste.
Is the BladeFLASK latex free?
YES. The BladeFLASK body is made of a thermoplastic, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) and Acetyl, and the inner mechanism in made from Polyacetal (POM). The Mounting Bracket is made from acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS).