BladeNeedleSYSTEM Sterile Scalpel Blade Remover + Needle Counter
In Stock, contact us for quote.
enquire now to find a distributor in your area
Maintain safe sharps practices in the Operating Theatre with the Qlicksmart BladeNeedleSYSTEM. Engineered by healthcare professionals, the BladeNeedleSYSTEM combines a 20-count needle counter with two safety-engineered scalpel blade removal cartridges for safe and efficient sharps removal, containment, counting, and disposal. Hear the QLICK™ sound and be safe.
- Removes up to 2 scalpel blades, with a single-handed action
- Audible “QLICK™” sound signifies safe scalpel blade removal and containment
- Transparent blade remover cartridges for easy counting of contained blades
- Thick foam needle counter for optimum safety against suture needles
- Overlapping lid and magnetic surface to ensure safe disposal
- Independently tested by a NATA accredited company for compliance to AS3825:2020
- Available off-the-shelf (sterile) or as part of a surgical procedure pack
Compatible with most general surgery blades; compatible with flat handles, long handles, Baron handles, and circular handles.
This easy-to-use solution provides a low cost alternative to safety scalpels, allowing surgeons to maintain their preferences for the standard metal handle. Available for sterile and non-sterile usage.
Note: The colour of the product is dependent on your region’s regulations.
- RED – USA, Central, and South America markets only
- YELLOW – Oceania, Asia, Europe, Africa, and Canada markets only
For Australian customers, sample blunt blades are available for trial.
Remove and contain sharps within the Operating Room with the BladeNeedleSYSTEM. Engineered by healthcare professionals, this two-in-one safety device helps you maintain optimum sharps safety practices. Embrace safety with the BladeNeedleSYSTEM sterile scalpel blade removals. Hear the QLICK™ sound and be safe.
• Audible “QLICK™” sound indicates safe removal of blade
• Clear containment cartridges for an easy count
• High-density foam to safely secure suture needles
• Blade capacity: 2 blades (1 blade per cartridge)
• Compatible scalpel blades: #10, 10a, 11, 11P, 12, 14, 15, 15a, 15c, 16, 19, 20, 21, 22, 22a, 23, 24, 25, 25a, 27, 36, 6, 9, E11, Sabre D/15. *
• Compatible scalpel handles: #3, 3L, 4, 4L, 5, 7, 9, Baron, Lawton long handle, cylindrical handle *
• Incompatible scalpel handles: Beaver handle, Disposable handles
*some brands may not work with Qlicksmart BladeNeedleSYSTEM
Is the BladeNeedleSYSTEM sterile?
Yes. The BladeNeedleSYSTEM is sterilised via Gamma radiation or ETO.
Can I have the BladeNeedleSYSTEM put into my procedure pack?
Yes. The BladeNeedleSYSTEM is available off-the-shelf or through procedure packs. Contact us to find out the distributor or Kit Packer in your area.
How do I dispose of the BladeNeedleSYSTEM after use?
After the count has been performed, the whole BladeNeedleSYSTEM unit should be disposed of as medical waste in a sharps container.
Can the BladeNeedleSYSTEM be re-used to remove more blades?
No. In keeping with the principals of universal precautions, BladeNeedleSYSTEM is designed for single-use only. The scalpel blade cannot be removed once it is securely contained in the cartridge. If you need to remove more than 2 blades, please use additional cartridges, available for purchase separately.
Can I use two hands to operate BladeNeedleSYSTEM?
The process of activation, (i.e. pushing the loaded scalpel into the cartridge) should always be single-handed. There is no need to hold onto the BladeNeedleSYSTEM during this stage. Two hands are required only when removing the scalpel handle from the device after the blade is already safely secured in the cartridge.
Why is there red printing on the cartridges?
The red printing guides on each cartridge indicate the direction of which way of the loaded scalpel should be inserted. If the blade is inserted in the opposite direction, the device will not activate. For a video guide on how to use the BladeNeedleSYSTEM, please click here.
Is the BladeNeedleSYSTEM latex and DEHP free?
YES, it is latex and DEHP free. The BladeNeedleSYSTEM is made from polypropylene (PP).