BladeSINGLE Sterile Scalpel Blade Remover
In Stock, contact us for quote.
enquire now to find a distributor in your area
Maintain safe sharps practices in the Operating Theatre with the Qlicksmart BladeSINGLE. Engineered by healthcare professionals, the BladeSINGLE utilises automatic safety technology for safe and efficient scalpel blade removal, containment, counting, and disposal.
- Removes 1 scalpel blade, with a single-handed action
- Audible “click” sound signifies safe scalpel blade removal and containment
- Transparent cartridges for easy counting of contained blades
- Enables compliance with international safety regulations and guidelines
- Available off-the-shelf (sterile) or as part of a surgical procedure pack
Compatible with most general surgery blades; compatible with flat handles, long handles, Baron handles, and circular handles.
This easy-to-use solution provides a low cost alternative to safety scalpels, allowing surgeons to maintain their preferences for the standard metal handle. Available for sterile and non-sterile usage.
For Australian customers, sample blunt blades are available for trial.
Remove and contain scalpel blades in the Operating Room with the BladeSINGLE. Engineered by healthcare professionals, this safety device helps you maintain optimum sharps safety practices.
• Audible click sound indicates safe removal
• Clear containment cartridges for an easy count
• Economic for smaller procedures requiring one scalpel
• Blade capacity: 1 blade
• Compatible scalpel blades: #10, 10a, 11, 11P, 12, 14, 15, 15a, 15c, 16, 19, 20, 21, 22, 22a, 23, 24, 25, 25a, 27, 36, 6, 9, E11, Sabre D/15. *
• Compatible scalpel handles: #3, 3L, 4, 4L, 5, 7, 9, Baron, Lawton long handle, cylindrical handle *
• Incompatible scalpel handles: Beaver handle, Disposable handles
*some brands may not work with Qlicksmart BladeSINGLE
Is the BladeSINGLE sterile?
Yes. The BladeSINGLE is sterilised via Gamma radiation or ETO.
Can I have the BladeSINGLE put into my procedure pack?
Yes. The BladeSINGLE is available off-the-shelf or through procedure packs. Contact us to find out the distributor or Kit Packer in your area.
How do I dispose of the BladeSINGLE after use?
After the count has been performed, the whole BladeSINGLE set is disposed of as medical waste in a sharps container.
Can the BladeSINGLE be re-used to remove more blades?
No. In keeping with the principals of universal precautions, BladeSINGLE is designed for single-use only. The scalpel blade cannot be removed once it is securely contained in the cartridge. If you need to remove more than 1 blade, please use the BladeCASSETTE or additional BladeSINGLE.
Can I use two hands to operate BladeSINGLE?
The process of activation, (i.e. pushing the loaded scalpel into the cartridge) should always be single-handed. There is no need to hold onto the BladeSINGLE during this stage. Two hands are required only when removing the scalpel handle from the device after the blade is already safely secured in the cartridge.
Why is there red printing on the cartridges?
The red printing guides on each cartridge indicate the direction of which way of the loaded scalpel should be inserted. If the blade is inserted in the opposite direction, the device will not activate. For a video guide on how to use the BladeSINGLE, please click here.
Is the BladeSINGLE latex and DEHP free?
YES, it is latex and DEHP free. The BladeSINGLE is made from polypropylene (PP).